Recipe designed by Bakes, Books and My Boys
What do you when its summer and you have a glut of strawberries? You make Mojitos of course! A terrific twist on the original plain mint a strawberry mojito has wonderfully refreshing and sweeter taste.
Specialising in gluten-free baking, Bakes, Books and My Boys is a Family-Friendly approved blogger
Perfect for lazy summer evenings or hot long days this twist on the standard mojito is a fun, fruity and far more colourful way of celebrating the sunshine state. It’s prevented from being too sweet by still keeping the mint in and adding a touch of lime to cut through the sugar syrup. Amazing!
200g caster sugar
500ml cup of water
3 whole strawberries, hulled and sliced into quarters
Handful of mint leaves
250ml rum divided
2 large limes
- Pour about 5mm of sugar into a small, shallow plate.
- Run one of the lime quarters around the rim of each cocktail glass, then dip the glasses into the sugar to rim.
- Squeeze the lime quarters into a sturdy glass jug.
- Toss the juiced lime into the jug along with the mint, strawberries and 200g of sugar.
- Crush the fruits together with a spoon to release the juices and oil from mint leaves.
- Chuck in the ice. Stir in the rum and club soda to taste. Serve!