Fly Drive Holidays in Florida 2017/2018
If you like the idea of having the open road in front of you, then there's absolutely no reason why you can't explore the Sunshine State with a Fly Drive holiday.
With roughly 1,197 miles of beautiful shoreline, thousands of miles of roads and enough cities to shake your fist at, Florida can be one of the best places in the world to enjoy a road trip of a lifetime.
As there has recently been repeal in the law, UK driving licence holders no longer need to apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP) as required by law. Be careful however, as some insurance and car rental companies still require people to hold an IDP, so check with them before hiring. Florida 4 Less also provide a wide range of different rental cars depending on your need, so be sure to check through our range of options before renting.
Check out our example itineraries to help plan your trip!
Orlando to Miami
- Arrive in Orlando, and take the chance to visit SeaWorld Orlando and Universal Orlando Resort, along with all the benefits of being near one of the largest cities in Florida.
- Drive south on FL-91 and make a little stop at Kissimmee. Here, you'll find the family favourites of the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as many other theme parks.
- Often referred to as Florida's own bit of inland ocean, Lake Okeechobee may be a little detour, but it really is a must-see when in the state. Avid fishers should embrace the chance to get out on the vast but shallow water, and it's a great stop for a scenic picnic if you don't fancy getting your toes wet!
- Before you head south to Miami, stop at sandy Fort Lauderdale and enjoy some of the best beaches in the whole of the sunshine state! Get out onto the water on a riverboat cruise, or head downtown to see the blossoming art scene.
- End your Floridian adventure in Miami - one of the most vibrant cities in the whole of the USA! While you're here, embrace Miami Beach, dine on delicious seafood, and explore the Downtown Miami Historic district for a good dose of culture.
Example holiday for Orlando to Miami:
Manchester to Orlando out, Miami to Manchester on return, from 03/03/2016 for 14 nights
- Two adults, two children
- Indirect flights with American Airlines (via Philadelphia on the way and Heathrow on the return)
- Standard SUV including all insurance
- £635 per person
Orlando to the Florida Keys
- Hop off the plane and pick up your automobile from sunny Orlando - the gateway to the sunshine state!
- Travelling down the I-4, explore the silver screen at Universal Studios and meet Mickey and friends at the world-famous Walt Disney World Resort.
- Drive down highway 91 and enjoy the amazing Floridian countryside at the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes, reeling in bass and crappies along the way.
- Take a trip to Port Saint Lucie and catch a baseball game at Tradition Field, or enjoy the serene Port St Lucie Botanical Gardens.
- Explore Florida's thriving capital, Miami - soak up the sun on stunning beaches and enjoy a vibrant Cuban atmosphere!
- Venture a little out of your way, and visit the unmissable Everglades before heading out onto the islands. This wetlands preserve must be seen to be believed, and you'll be able to enjoy a range of outdoor pursuits in this vast area.
- Finish your trip in the Florida Keys, the state's tropical paradise. Enjoy the scenery - but keep an eye out for crocs!
Example holiday for Orlando to the Florida Keys:
- Manchester to Orlando from 08/06/2016 for 14 nights
- Two adults and two children
- Direct flights with Virgin Atlantic
- Intermediate four-door car with all insurance
- £509 per person
Orlando to Jacksonville
- Arrive into sunny Orlando, and relax after your flight before embarking on your epic adventure across the sunshine state!
- Enjoy all the attractions that Orlando has to offer. From Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom, there's plenty for the whole family to enjoy.
- Jump in your car, and head east on the I-4 towards Daytona Beach. Here, you'll find the Daytona International Speedway, along with plenty of places to swim, surf, and even drive along the beach!
- Take a little detour west and venture through the amazing Ocala National Forest to arrive at Salt Springs. Here, you'll find a gorgeous, semi-tropical area to explore by canoe, on horse back or by good old-fashioned hiking.
- Head north from the I-295 before joining the I-10 east to reach the buzzing metropolis of Jacksonville. Enjoy everything this cultural city has to offer!
Example holiday for Orlando to Jacksonville:
- Glasgow to Orlando from 11/05/2016 for 10 nights
- Two adults and two children
- Indirect flights with British Airways (via Gatwick)
- Convertible car including all insurance
- £545 per person